This specialty plate is a fundraiser for Plymouth 400, Inc. a 501c3 organization who was formed to lead the planning and execution of programs and events commemorating the 400th anniversary of the 1620 Mayflower voyage and the founding of Plymouth Colony.
How do I order a Plymouth 400 Plate?
There are 2 ways that you can order your plate…
- Go to any Massachusetts RMV branch and ask for a Plymouth 400 specialty plate.
- Order Online by clicking here.
What do I need to bring to the RMV when purchasing or picking up my plate?
Follow these steps:
- Call your Insurance Company to get an RMV-3 Form, and make sure that you let them know it is for a specialty plate swap.
- Bring your $20 plate swap fee (which must be cash or check) to your chosen RMV
- Bring in your old plates that you are swapping and hand them in to your RMV branch.
You'll then be handed your new Plymouth 400 license plates and can begin driving America's story!
What vehicles are restricted from having a plate?
Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles cannot have a Plymouth 400 specialty plate.
What vehicles can get a Plymouth 400 Specialty Plate?
Anyone with a passenger car registered in the State of Massachusetts, this does include leased vehicles
Can I choose my own number?
Unfortunately, no. Numbers are chosen at random. Only the numbers auctioned off (numbers 1-99 and ten historically significant dates) can be chosen. The online Auction will start in April 2017 culminating in the live auction on June 3. Click here for more information.
Can the plate be passed down through generations?
Yes, the executor can assign that plate to a new person.
Do I need to get a new inspection sticker when you get your new plate?
No, but keep a copy of your old registration.
What is the cost?
The cost for the Specialty Plate is $40 and a one-time plate swap fee of $20 upon picking up your new plate (payable by cash or check at your RMV). From each initial plate sale, $28 goes directly to Plymouth 400 and $12 goes to the RMV for production costs. Each time a plate is renewed for a vehicle, (every 2 years), Plymouth 400 receives the full $40 fee. This fee is tax deductible with each renewal.
What if I need more information?
- You can reach out to our office: Plymouth 400, Inc. 508-812-2020 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or reach out to the Massachusetts RMV Specialty Plate Department at: 1-857-368-8031