Plymouth 400 partner destinations :
Paint Stain

Events Calendar

The Official Website of the
Plymouth 400
Commemoration

The Pilgrim Progress was instituted by the Town of Plymouth in 1921 in honor of its Pilgrim founders. The march takes place the first four Fridays in August and also is an integral part of the Town’s celebration of Thanksgiving Day.

Each marcher represents one of the 51 survivors of the first harsh winter of 1620-21.

The line of march proceeds past Plymouth Rock and up the First Street (Leyden Street today) to the top of Burial Hill where a short Pilgrim worship service is observed on the site of the original fort/meetinghouse. The passages read by Elder Brewster are usually from Governor Bradford’s “History” or other Pilgrim source.

Ancient & Honorable Artillery Company ‘Guernsey Falcon’ Cannon Dedication and Proclamation to the Town of Plymouth.

Location – Pilgrim Memorial State Park/Leyden St/Town Square.

On 25 April, the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company (AHAC) along with the Honourable Artillery Company of London (HAC) will dedicate a replica of a 16th Century Cannon, that we dedicated at the 300th Commemoration in Plymouth a hundred years ago. A basic overview and timeline are below.

 

    • 10:00 – Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company of Massachusetts (AHAC), Honourable Artillery Company of London (HAC) Centennial Legion, New Plimmoth Gard, VFW, 101st Field Artillery, Old Colony Club, (Possibly US Air Force Honor Guard and US Army Old Guard), Muster at Plymouth Memorial State Park.
    • 10:45 – All groups in position for Procession up Leyden St to Town Square/Meeting House/Burial Hill.
    • 10:55 – Captain Commanding Nicholas Schiarizzi of the AHAC welcomes all and begins the program from the Amphitheater. Joined by VIP Groups, Town of Plymouth and Plymouth 400 State Commission and Plymouth 400 Inc. leadership.
    • 11:00 – 101st Field Artillery, AHAC, Centennial Legion Cannon Volley at the waterfront. Quadricentennial Falcon is protected by New Plimmoth Gard and HAC Police.
    • 11:01 – Captain Commanding Schiarizzi takes his place in front of the procession. VIP group joins HAC.
    • Town of Plymouth and Plymouth 400  leadership take positions in the procession.
    • 11:05 – Quadricentennial Falcon gets moved to front of the procession. New Plimmoth Gard takes position. HAC Police join their ranks.
    • 11:11 – Groups (already in place) step off with Cannon being pulled by Horse and Carriage. Cannon/Horses first, New Plimmoth Gard next, then AHAC, HAC Etc.
    • 11:25 – Lead Group arrives in front of Old Meeting House at Town Square/Burial Hill.
    • 11:27 – New Plimmoth Gard forms a square in front of the Old Meeting House.
    • 11:28 – Old Guard and Kentish Guards in position to be ready to lightly play when the proclamation is read.
    • 11:30 – Captain Commanding Schiarizzi and Town of Plymouth/Plymouth 400 leadership take positions for Public Proclamation.
    • 11:40 – Tail end of Procession arrives.
    • 11:41 – Cannon arrives at Town Hall parking lot and is placed on UTV/trailer  which will pull the cannon to its Position on Burial Hill.
    • 11:45 – Ken Tavares, Terry Murray, Michele Pecoraro, Dusty Rhodes, General Sanders, Donna Curtin brief remarks.
    • 11:55 – Public Proclamation by Captain Commanding Nicholas Schiarizzi.
    • 12:15 – Musket salute from Burial Hill, by New Plimmoth Gard.
    • 12:30 – Brief visit by the group to Burial Hill and Meeting House.

 

 

The Pilgrim Progress was instituted by the Town of Plymouth in 1921 in honor of its Pilgrim founders. The march takes place the first four Fridays in August and also is an integral part of the Town’s celebration of Thanksgiving Day.

Each marcher represents one of the 51 survivors of the first harsh winter of 1620-21.

The line of march proceeds past Plymouth Rock and up the First Street (Leyden Street today) to the top of Burial Hill where a short Pilgrim worship service is observed on the site of the original fort/meetinghouse. The passages read by Elder Brewster are usually from Governor Bradford’s “History” or other Pilgrim sources.

Photo courtesy of Wicked Local Plymouth.

Join the Friends of Burial Hill for a self-guided stroll through Burial Hill where many of the gravesites will be seasonally decorated and gently illuminated. As a lovely treat, FOBH member and talented piper Rob Hanold will wander among the graves playing his Scottish Small Pipes.

Free of charge and open to the public.

The Saturday before Thanksgiving is always a very busy day in Plymouth. You might want to take a look at Park Plymouth’s Parking Guide for available parking:

https://parkplymouth.com/public-parking-locations.html

The Pilgrim Progress was instituted by the Town of Plymouth in 1921 in honor of its Pilgrim founders. The march takes place the first four Fridays in August and also is an integral part of the Town’s celebration of Thanksgiving Day.

Each marcher represents one of the 51 survivors of the first harsh winter of 1620-21.

The line of march proceeds past Plymouth Rock and up the First Street (Leyden Street today) to the top of Burial Hill where a short Pilgrim worship service is observed on the site of the original fort/meetinghouse. The passages read by Elder Brewster are usually from Governor Bradford’s “History” or other Pilgrim source.

Photo courtesy of Wicked Local Plymouth.

The Pilgrim Progress was instituted by the Town of Plymouth in 1921 in honor of its Pilgrim founders. The march takes place the first four Fridays in August and also is an integral part of the Town’s celebration of Thanksgiving Day.

Each marcher represents one of the 51 survivors of the first harsh winter of 1620-21.

The line of march proceeds past Plymouth Rock and up the First Street (Leyden Street today) to the top of Burial Hill where a short Pilgrim worship service is observed on the site of the original fort/meetinghouse. The passages read by Elder Brewster are usually from Governor Bradford’s “History” or other Pilgrim source.

Photo courtesy of Wicked Local Plymouth.

The Pilgrim Progress was instituted by the Town of Plymouth in 1921 in honor of its Pilgrim founders. The march takes place the first four Fridays in August and also is an integral part of the Town’s celebration of Thanksgiving Day.

Each marcher represents one of the 51 survivors of the first harsh winter of 1620-21.

The line of march proceeds past Plymouth Rock and up the First Street (Leyden Street today) to the top of Burial Hill where a short Pilgrim worship service is observed on the site of the original fort/meetinghouse. The passages read by Elder Brewster are usually from Governor Bradford’s “History” or other Pilgrim source.

Photo courtesy of Wicked Local Plymouth.

The Pilgrim Progress was instituted by the Town of Plymouth in 1921 in honor of its Pilgrim founders. The march takes place the first four Fridays in August and also is an integral part of the Town’s celebration of Thanksgiving Day.

Each marcher represents one of the 51 survivors of the first harsh winter of 1620-21.

The line of march proceeds past Plymouth Rock and up the First Street (Leyden Street today) to the top of Burial Hill where a short Pilgrim worship service is observed on the site of the original fort/meetinghouse. The passages read by Elder Brewster are usually from Governor Bradford’s “History” or other Pilgrim source.

Photo courtesy of Wicked Local Plymouth.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email